February 28, 2011
Cooking time: 3 to 4 minutes on each side of bread.
10 minutes to slice and sauté onions.
Equipment: blender or food processor, skillet.
- ¼ package of tofu (any type from silken to firm)
- ½ tsp. rice or almond milk, (will work with water)
- 1/8 cup arrowroot flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 to 6 slices of sourdough whole wheat bread, sandwich style or crusty Peasant or French style
- Sesame or olive oil
1. Blend all ingredients except bread and oil until smooth.
2. Did bread into mixture on both sides.
3. Heat a skillet and coat lightly with oil.
4. Place slices of coated bread in skillet, lower heat to medium and lightly brown on both sides.
Serving options: With maple syrup and soy margarine/ Plain rice syrup or with peanut butter (Suzanne’s brand)/ Fruit flavored rice syrup/ or my favorite, a savory topping of sautéed onions
Filed under: Recipes